Monday, June 11, 2012

Trucks, Food and Fat


I got an invitation from some friends to join them on Sunday  to a Food Truck Festival. I thought about it all weekend thinking weather or not I should join them and I figured (after some chatting with Joanne and some very persuasive convincing) I'll just go and see what it is all about.
As I leave church on Sunday afternoon with a couple of friends. I thought nothing of the event, not sure what to expect. Upon arriving at Umass, my friend makes a remark about "Christ the Rock" church I thought it was because he saw a giant rock on the side of the road, but no it was because the church's reserved parking spaces was backing up traffic a bit. Good for them. Christians are still here and here to stay! YAY!
As I walk into the giant space in the middle of the field of Umass Boston. I see a giant line and thought "Oh thats a long line" but I immediately saw a credit card and cash only line and NO ONE was there. Although I was not really worried I was relieved that I didn't have to wait. As we went into our first line for Fried Clams strips. We bumped into some church friends who helped us come up with this divisive plan to split up and conquer more food trucks TOGETHER. This helped. One girl was a floater, she made sure if a person was alone and about to pick up say 12 separate plates, then she would send someone to help  while the other waited in line to do the same. It all worked out in the end and we got to try some delicious treats.
 Some of the food was ok.  Overall I wasn't to impress except for the taco's which everyone else was "meh" about. In the end it was definitely an adventure that had to be experienced at least once. Some of the places that I did want to try out, sold out of their major product (...Lobster sandwiches..droool)
We tried some fire cooked Pizza which was slightly BURNED and (shrugging) ok. nothing I will go out of my way to try again. The clam strips where bland and needed condiments to have flavor,
it was more like"would you like som e clam strips with your condiments"
I also went to a place called <a href="http://www.olerestaurantgroup.com/">Olecito's</a>
It was great, I went with a  friend(Becky). This was definitely a hidden jewel in Inman Sq. I had a Sonora sandwich and a Baja taco.
Unfortunately I didn't take pictures. Shruggs....



No comments:

Post a Comment